“Even the Man in the Moon Is Cryin’” is a song that was co-written by Mark Collie and Don Cook. Also, Mark Collie was the voice behind its recording. Released in August 1992, it was the first single from the American country music artist’s self-titled album Mark Collie. On the US Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, the song reached number 5. Moreover, it peaked at number 11 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
“Even the Man in the Moon Is Cryin’” is in Collie’s third album for MCA Records. Don Cook, his co-writer for the song, produced the album, Mark Collie. The album accounted for his two highest-charting singles: “Even the Man in the Moon Is Cryin’” (5) and “Born to Love You” (6). After those two songs, “Shame Shame Shame Shame” and “Something’s Gonna Change Her Mind” both made it to the top 30 as well. In one of the accounts, Brian Mansfield wrote:
“At once a move to the mainstream and a return to Collie’s West Tennessee rockabilly roots”.
Written as a heartbreak song, the narrator hypothetically tells what he feels when his lover left him. He wants everyone to know that “Even the Man in the Moon Is Cryin’”.
In late 1992, the song premiered. John Lloyd Miller was the director of the music video.
A Brief History of the Artist
Born January 18, 1956, George Mark Collie is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, producer, and fundraiser. He has won several awards. To add to his successes, his music, acting, and philanthropy is acclaimed by many. Since he started his singing career, he has made five major-label albums. Four was made for MCA Nashville and one for Giant Records. On Hot Country Songs, sixteen of his singles have charted. Among these hits are: “Even the Man in the Moon Is Cryin’” and “Born to Love You”.
As a music genius, Collie has also written songs for Aaron Tippin, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and JT Hodges. As an actor, he has done roles in Fire Down Below, The Punisher, and Kill Switch.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce