Summer may be on its final month, but that doesn’t mean you can’t revel in a cool Saturday or Sunday afternoon by the lake with your family and friends. Spending some chill moments by the lake can be made more exciting by playing water sports, fishing, or drinking beer and feasting on some smoky and hearty barbecue by the dock. But there’s still a finer way to enjoy your lakeside moments—and that is through some head-bopping, groovy, and brassy country songs.
8. Hey Now by Tim McGraw
In this number, Tim McGraw perfectly describes the best ways you can party on a summer night or day. You can celebrate with beer, or find that romantic summer connection with someone new or mysterious amidst all the partying and fun.
7. Sunshine and Summertime by Faith Hill
If you want a song that’s more laid-back, breezy, and will fill your ears and heart with sunshiny vibes, Sunshine and Summertime is the perfect melody to pump up your summer getaway.
6. My Maria by Brooks and Dunn
Brooks and Dunn’s cover version of My Maria, a song about a gypsy woman who helps the narrator discharge his problems and heavy feelings that he has been struggling with, will leave a strong impact on you as much as it did to the audience who heard it first during its release in 1996.
5. Little Bitty by Alan Jackson
With its upbeat tempo paired with Jackson’s signature smooth, effortless performance, the song will instantly jazz up your lakeside mornings, afternoons, and late night musings. It’s the best combination to your late night deep conversations as well—as the song is all about how simple and small things can define some of life’s greatest happiness.
4. Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
Going on a drinking spree with your best buddies? Red Solo Cup will serenade your drinking session with good vibes, fun times and a laidback atmosphere that will make you live for the night and relish your goofy, bonding times with friends.
3. It’s a Great Day to Be Alive by Travis Tritt
The title says it all—this awesome Travis Tritt track celebrates waking up in the morning for another chance to live and make the most out of the life that we have. Isn’t that the song that best describes the relaxed and fun times you spend with your loved ones?
2. Summertime Blues by Alan Jackson
Alan Jackson’ summertime rock and roll song have been covered by artists like Jimi Hendrix, Blue Cheer and The Who. Don’t be fooled—the title may seem to promise a melancholic tune, but it’s strong, consistent beats will leave you dancing to the bittersweet truth that “there ain’t no cure for the summertime blues.”
1. Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson
Finally, at number one on this list is the cheery, buoyant lakeside country tune by Alan Jackson. The video itself can suggest so many ideas on how you can goof around and the most memorable, amazing moments while you spend time by the water.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?