Emmylou Harris has been collaborating with different artists since then. She had collaborated with artists such as Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks, Bruce Springsteen, George Jones and many more. This time, here’s another collaboration from one of the queens in country music, Emmylou Harris, and Mark Knopfler.
Mark Knopfler is a British guitarist who also became the lead singer of the band Dire Straits. He has also been in a band called the Notting Hillbillies in 1988. Notting Hillbillies is a band that focuses on creating and playing country music. He collaborated with other country singers like George Jones and Kris Kristofferson.
All the Roadrunning Collaboration
In 2006, Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler collaborated to release the country album All the Roadrunning. Their album made it to different charts around the world. All the Roadrunning became No. 17 on the US Billboard 200. It entered charts in countries such as the UK, Australia, Denmark, and Sweden.
The first song that they released as a single was “This is Us.” Mark Knopfler wrote the song. He wrote most of the songs in the album except “Love and Happiness” and “Belle Starr.” Those two songs mentioned were written by Harris.
About “This is Us”
“This is Us” is a love song about two people who shared the beauty of their relationship. The song transitions from the time when the narrators were still young and dating. Then in the second stanza, the characters in the song were happily married. They describe the way they felt and how they look like by the time they got married. They have even included the time that they were on their honeymoon and having their first anniversary together. “This is Us” is a song of what love looks like in different phases.
Emmylou Harris, Mark Knopfler, This is us
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Country Music’s Classic Supergroup, The Highwaymen Sings ‘Highwayman’
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- What Michael Landon’s Children’s lives are like after dad’s death
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?