Emmylou Harris is one tough woman in her song “Nobody.” The track tells a good story of a girl who recently got out from a bad breakup. Instead of moping around and feeling bad about herself, she finds herself ready to face another day.
In this modern-day and age, it is important to empower our female allies since they could bring more to the table. Gone are the days where they only stay in the house and fold towels or clothes. Emmylou Harris’ track makes sure that she shows what it is like to feel empowered.
Emmylou Harris’ Career
Emmylou Harris is one of the greatest artists during her time. She won several Grammy awards and she collaborated with some of the country’s biggest stars such as Dolly Parton and Gram Parsons. She was also inducted into the prestigious Country Music Hall of Fame. Back in 2018, she also got her Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, an award only given to a few outstanding artists.
Emmylou Harris is also known to be aging with grace and wisdom. When asked about it, she said:
“We age; we don’t have any choice. You might as well accept where you are in life. That doesn’t mean there’s a not a certain nostalgia for your youth; it’s just part of the human condition. But it’s easy for me because I have had such a wonderful life.”
She don’t need nobody
She don’t need nobody now
There is an uprising belief that before you love someone else, you have to love yourself first. Back then, it was to be believed that loving someone else will make us whole. We have thought about that for a long time, while it is true that we need love to live, it is not a need to immediately find a lover.
We must only seek for it when we know that we are already settled. We must only seek it when we are ready to commit ourselves to our partner and to the promise we made to the Lord. Emmylou Harris might have been in a dark place when she said she needed nobody but we have to understand her sentiment.
Listen to the song here:
Emmylou Harris, independent woman, nobody, stong woman
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance