On October 5, 218, a major exhibition at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is opening in Nashville, Tennessee. During its launch, Emmylou Harris will be part of this festive event. Being a twelve-time Grammy winner and a Country Music Hall of Fame member, she would be a great feature.
Over the years, Harris has brought millions of country music listeners from different places. Her beginnings started in the early 1970s. At this time, she worked with Gram Parsons in California. In the 1980s, she worked her way to acceptance in Nashville and mainstream country music. Having an amazing career of over four decades, she has had 27 Top Ten hits and seven chart-toppers. In addition, 14 of her albums became part of the Top Ten on the Billboard country album chart.
In an interview, she shared that since the release of her 1975 album, the industry has gladly accepted her. Also, she cannot deny how grateful and honored she is to be part of the said exhibit.
Emmylou Harris has Helped Many Musicians
To add to her many accomplishments, Emmylou Harris has helped many musicians. To name are Rodney Crowell, Ricky Skaggs, Sam Bush and Buddy Miller. Many—Suzy Bogguss, Mary Chapin Carpenter, the Dixie Chicks, Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood—claim that Harris has been a big inspiration, too. However, Harris’s influence does not end there. It extends beyond country music. Renowned artists Patty Griffin, Lucinda Williams, and many others refer to her as an artistic guidepost. Looking through Harris’ successes, music and collection of personal artifacts will provide new insight into one of country music’s most important and visionary artists.
The other artists to be featured in Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum exhibits are Little Big Town, Ralph Stanley, and the Judds.
According to Kyle Young, the CEO of the museum, it has shared the rich and diverse history of country music with many of its visitors. This is happening while documenting the music’s ongoing evolution. Mr. Young also said that the exhibits in 2018 continue that tradition.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family