Elvis Presley grew up listening to gospel songs. When he became a well-known singer, he always makes it a habit to record gospel songs and release gospel albums. One of the gospel albums he released in his career was Peace in the Valley. As you may know, it was released as an EP, and it contained four traditional gospel songs only. The tracks from his EP was also included on his Elvis’ Christmas Album. It became part of the album’s B-Side. Furthermore, his Christmas album was platinum-certified by RIAA.
Tracklist from Elvis Presley’s EP
- “(There’ll Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me)”
- “It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)”
- “I Believe”
- “Take My Hand, Precious Lord”
“Peace in the Valley”
One of the best gospel songs Presley covered was “Peace in the Valley.” The hymn was originally recorded by Mahalia Jackson. However, it became popular when Red Foley covered the song and made it enter the Billboard chart. The gospel song was written by Thomas A Dorsey in 1937.
The Message of the Song
This beautifully written song by Dorsey gives us hope that even though life is tough, there’s hope waiting for all of us. The narrator who feels troubled in life, persist on, and never let the hardships of life drag him down. He knows that life on earth is not permanent. He believes that after his life, he would gladly be with God, enjoying every moment.
There will be peace in the valley for me, some day
There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
There’ll be no sadness, no sorrow
No trouble, trouble I see
There will be peace in the valley for me, for me
Let us find strength and hope in Presley’s cover of “Peace in the Valley.” May we never forget that the hardships in life are all temporary. Someday we’ll be surrounded by joy, laughter, and live a peaceful life.
Elvis Presley, peace in the valley, Thomas A. Dorsey
- Meet John Denver’s Children: Where are they now?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed