For those who didn’t know, the song “My Elusive Dreams” is originally a country song. I didn’t know it too in spite that I grew up with my pops singing this song, but he was singing to Tom Jones’ rendition of the song. However, country or not, I still love the song.
The song “My Elusive Dreams” is a country music song loved by a lot of artists which makes it a perfect song to be covered. It was written by Billy Sherill and Curly Putman. The best-known version of the song was recorded as a duet by David Houston and Tammy Wynette. The version of the country duet was a no.1 country hit in October 1967 and also peaked at No. 89 on the Billboard Hot 100. Tammy Wynette recorded a second duet version of the song in 1973 with George Jones and this version was included on their album ‘Let’s Build a World Together.
The story of the song was about a restless man and his wife, as they attempt to find an ever-elusive dream and lasting happiness pursuing various drams and schemes all which are ill-fated. The man’s attempts at making something work include stops in at least six states: Texas, Utah, Alabama (specifically, Birmingham), Tennessee (specifically, Memphis (where the wife gave birth to their child) and later Nashville) Nebraska, and finally Alaska (it is implied that during their stint there, their child died and was buried there). The man finally admits to his resigned wife that he recognizes she’s tired of following him around the country and that his dreams are fleeting.
I honestly felt stupid not realizing that the song was originally country, it was a dead giveaway that the song was talking about county states. However, I still love the song. Do you also love this song? Let us know in the comment section below and don’t forget to share this wonderful song to other country fans.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music