“I Love A Rainy Night,” a song co-written and recorded by Eddie Rabbitt in 1980. “I Love A Rainy Night” is part of Rabbitt’s album Horizon. His song “I Love A Rainy Night” peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and remained for 28 weeks on top of the charts. His album, Horizon, was also No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums, in 1980.
“I Love A Rainy Night,” The Song’s Content
Most people I know hate it when it rains. They complain that it’s cold or that they don’t like it when they get wet. Honestly, I like it when it rains. For me, the rain always brings hope and it washes away the sadness and pain of the past. The rain also reminds me of my childhood, when we used to play outside.
The narrator in the song seems to like the rain the way I liked it. The narrator mentioned that the rain is such a beautiful sight and it makes him feel that it washes the cares or worries away. A country classic that is catchy and guarantees that kids will love this song. The lyrics of the song is simple and easy to understand. The narrator just plainly sings about his love of the rain and the peaceful feeling that it gives him. What about you, do you like it when it rains? Or are you like others who hate it? What does the rain mean to you?
Well, I love a rainy night; it’s such a beautiful sight.
I love to feel the rain on my face;
taste the rain on my lips,
in the moonlight shadows.
Showers wash all my cares away;
I wake up to a sunny day,
’cause I love a rainy night.
Yeah, I love a rainy night.
Well, I love a rainy night.
Well, I love a rainy night, ooh, ooh.
Eddie Rabbitt’s Inspiration
In the 60’s, Rabbitt got his idea of the song one day when he was in his apartment and it was raining. He recorded the idea and abandoned it. Then in 1980, Rabbitt found the tape of his initial recording for the song and finished writing it with the help of David Malloy and Evan Stevens.
The song was adapted by Alvin and the Chipmunks in their album Urban Chipmunks. It was also played on the TV show, Family Guy.
eddie rabbitt, i love the rainy night
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”