Today in country music history we are to celebrate one of Eddie Rabbitt’s song to top the charts in 1976, “Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind).” Rabbitt has a total of 20 No. 1 singles on the U.S. Billboard charts. Despite having a lot of No.1 singles, most of them were not noticed that much. Rabbitt was best known for the song he wrote for Elvis Presley, “Kentucky Rain” in 1970. He is an excellent singer and songwriter.
“Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind)
“Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind)” was written by Eddie Rabbitt and Even Stevens in 1976, and listed as the No.1 track on his album Rocky Mountain Music. Furthermore, the song peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for 1 week and remained on the chart for a total of 16 weeks. While his album, Rocky Mountain Music, peaked only at No. 14 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums in 1976. It remained for a total of 20 weeks.
The Song’s Content
The song is about a man who went to a bar wanting to drown himself with alcohol. The narrator seem to think that making himself drunk will be the only way for him to forget the love of his life. Just like most breakup songs, Rabbitt’s “Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind)” is no different. And that’s the reason why many liked the song because a lot of people can relate to it. Most people like to drown themselves with alcohol after a breakup. It’s the easiest way to escape reality and pain.
What do you commonly do when you go through a breakup? Do you drown yourself too like Eddie Rabbitt’s song, “Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind)?” or do you do something else? We all know that breaking up with someone is difficult, and it’s a process that will take time.
Here’s Eddie Rabbitt’s No. 1 Song:
If you liked this article you can read more at our website, www.countrythangdaily.com or follow us on our Facebook page (Country Daily)
drinkin' my baby (off my mind), eddie rabbitt
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up