In 1990, Eddie Rabbitt, an American country singer, wrote and performed the song “American Boy.” It was the number 5 track on his album, Jersey Boy. It became famous because the song was released during the Persian Gulf War, and it served as the song for American soldiers, fighting during the war.
“American Boy,” The Song
Rabbit’s song “American Boy” was his last song to reach the top 40. It reached the spot No. 11 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, in 1990. It remained in its spot for 20 weeks. Furthermore, his album only peaked at No. 34 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums, in 1990.
The Song’s Content
“American Boy” is a song about a man who is proud and happy being an American. Living a life of freedom and driving all around with his Chevy. This song definitely brings back the memories of your childhood days. When all you do is have watch cartoons, or do some chores or else your mom will yell at you again. This song is loved by many because it made them proud to be an American. “American Boy” is popular among the troops during the Persian Gulf War.
Additionally, Rabbitt’s song was adopted by presidential candidate Bob Dole during his campaign election in 1996.
Eddie Rabbitt, The Artist
Eddie Rabbit was born on November 27, 1941, in New York USA. His first top country radio song was “You Get to Me”, and also his first single to hit the charts was “Drinkin’ My Baby (Off My Mind).” He lost his first son, who was one month old, named Timmy. Due to it, he became active in organizations that raise money to help children of all ages who are ill. In March 1997, Rabbitt was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. He received treatments and surgery. After a year, Rabbitt died on May 1998.
Are you proud to be an American? If you are, listen to Eddie Rabbitt’s “American boy,” and feel proud to be one.
american boy, eddie rabbitt
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage