Do you know anything about love? Do you know what to do when love finally comes to you? How do you differentiate real love from infatuation? Dwight Yoakam’s “What Do You Know About Love?” questions the meaning of love to make sure that he won’t be hurt again.
About the Song
“What Do You Know about Love?” was the second track on Dwight Yoakam‘s eleventh album Tomorrow’s Sounds Today. His album was released in the late 2000’s. “What Do You Know About Love” entered the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at the No. 26 position. Furthermore, Dwight’s song spent a total of 23 weeks on the chart, while his album Tomorrow’s Sounds Today entered to charts on the Billboard. In addition, it peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Top Country Albums and No. 68 on the Billboard 200.
Produced by Pete Anderson, Dwight Yoakam wrote and recorded the song “What Do You Know About Love?”.
The narrator questions a woman he likes, making sure that she knows something about love. He wants to make sure that he won’t get hurt this time around. Starting a relationship is scary because it terrifies us that the past will happen again. Like the man in the song who has some fear of being in a relationship that he first questions the woman he likes. However, sometimes we have to take the risk to know if it’s really worth it or not.
Dwight Yoakam was nominated several times. To note, he was nominated 18 times and won two Grammy Awards. In addition, he has been nominated nine times on the Academy of Country Music Awards from 1986 to 1998. Aside from being a country singer, Yoakam also starred in numerous films. Most notably, he worked with actors such as Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughn, and Penelope Cruz. His most recent film appearance was on the movie Logan Lucky in 2017.
Watch Dwight Yoakam’s performance of his 2000 “What Do You Know About Love” below:
Any thoughts? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Dwight Yoakam, What Do You Know About Love?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce