Probably one of the most heart-pounding and nerve-racking things in the world is singing in front of many people whom you personally don’t know. Just by standing there alone is already scary; how much more when you sing or perform?
While singing in front of a crowd is quite scary for some, it does not even stand a chance for this little tyke. Gifted with an adorable voice and excited attitude, 3-year-old Drake Grillo charmed the audience when he belted out the National Anthem, “Star-Spangled Banner,” during the Annual School Day Game in Syracuse University.
The Annual School Day Game
As for Syracuse University in New York, the Annual School Day is taken as a serious event. Last year’s special day was definitely a grand day. The women’s basketball team invited Niagara University to their court. Not only was this a great face off, but also, they offered free admission to students from the 2nd to 8th grade. The Carrier Dome, where the event was held, was jam-packed with 6,000 excited and cheerful guests.
So when they needed someone to sing the National Anthem before the game, they already knew who to call exactly. And, it was the 3-year-old Drake Grillo.
Grillo first made headlines in July 2018 when he also sang the national anthem before a local baseball game. A gifted child who is fond of sports, Grillo learned the song as he picked up on the lyrics just from watching every game.
This cute little child graced the Carrier Dome with pride and patriotism. At such a young age, he showed the adults that patriotism and nobility doesn’t come in age. And during that time, Syracuse has witnessed a special moment with Drake becoming the youngest singer to have ever sung the National Anthem.
Check out this toddler’s performance of the “Star-Spangled Banner:”
Drake Grillo, National Anthem, STAR-SPANGLED BANNER
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?