In this cruel world, there are still people around us willing to reach out for help and guidance. Despite the lack of enthusiasm and the aggression, there are a few people who will try to make a change. These things should start within us. We should begin to disseminate love and hope. “Down By The Riverside” is an excellent spiritual song to help us eradicate negativity, hostility, and aggression. This is the core message of the song that, hopefully, everyone could spread.
To have a peaceful society, it should start inside our homes. In our homes, we should learn to forgive and have tender care towards each other. For once we step outside our homes, we’ll know how to appreciate others and accept their differences. With this, God is with us. He will guide us and will lead us to a better community.
Down By The River…
Hatred and war began way, way back. These were the inspiration of “Down By The Riverside.” It was written and published in 1918. Fisk University Jubilee Quartet first recorded the song in 1920 then was later released by Columbia in 1922. Also, there were fourteen black gospel recordings before World War II.
Furthermore, “Down By The Riverside” was used as an Anti-War Protest Song, especially during the Vietnam war. The song’s central depiction is eradicating negativity and aggression. It also would like to teach spirituality among people. It also refers to baptism which we’ll be reborn and be a good human being.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Down by The Riverside, Lynda randle
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- 15 Top Kenny Chesney Songs Over 25 Years of Country Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross