“I Just Come Here for the Music” was written by Doug Gill, John Ramey, and Bobby Taylor for Don Williams’ album, And So It Goes. This was his second to the last album which he released in 2012. Sugar Hill Records released the album of Williams. His song entered the 20th spot of the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart in 2012 for 25 weeks.
The song “I Just Come Here for the Music” is a coming together of two great country singers, Don Williams and Alison Krauss. Nothing sounds better than a stunning duet between these two country singers. Alison sang during the second half of the song together with Williams.
The Song’s Content
Don Williams’ song “I Just Come Here for the Music” is a love song of an old man who is trying to meet someone for the first time again. The old man might have been in a relationship for a long time, and now he is trying to ask a single lady for the first time in a long time. The old man was a little bit awkward as he tries to make his way to the lady. Being in a relationship for a long time and going out for the first time being single is a challenge. It’s like you don’t know what to do and you are learning it for the first time again. However, even after some awkward moments, he was able to play it smoothly when he talked to the lady.
Not even time can control Don Williams’ voice and the magic that he brought to the music he sings. He is truly one of the greatest country music artists. Aside from that, Alison Krauss who is one of the most awarded and one of the best female country singer did well when she collaborated with Williams. Their song was nominated during the 55th Annual Grammy Awards for Best Country Duo/Group Performance.
Alison Krauss, don williams, I Just Come Here for the Music
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce