There has been a lot of notable events in American history, especially on the post-world war. Also, a lot of controversies and shocking events circulated the music industry, stretching from the ‘50s to the ‘70s. It would be a long discussion if we will go over them one by one. Anyhow, if you will listen to the hit “American Pie” from Don McLean, you will immediately grasp some important parts of history in our country.
Don McLean: The Genius Composer
Don McLean was born on October 2, 1945, in New York and grew up in a humble household. He said that Frank Sinatra and Buddy Holly were his early musical influences. Before McLean began his professional music career in 1969, he became interested in folk music.
McLean was considered as one of the most respected legends in the music industry due to his contribution and influences. In addition, he was also included in the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
No one can forget his notable hits like “Vincent,” “Since I Don’t Have You,” and “Wonderful Baby.” With his lavish career in the music industry, Don McLean is still active in the spotlight to this date, and he is not yet planning to retire.
The Hit that Talks about History
“American Pie” was one of the most successful hits from the American singer-songwriter, Don McLean. The song was released in 1971, and it stayed four weeks at number one in the U.S chart. Furthermore, due to its popularity, it was covered by a lot of artists, including Madonna in 2001.
The song talks about the significant events that happened in history, like the death of Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, and the Beatles. Since these events are written in the song, the National Recording Registry preserved McLean’s song.
Let’s listen to it and learn something from it.
American Pie, Don McLean, Elvis Presley
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?