It cannot be denied that Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers had legions of fans and that was immensely proven during The Gambler concert that serves as Kenny Rogers farewell concert as The Gambler himself had declared retirement on his touring and concert activities. As such artists who became iconic as duet partners, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers could align themselves with the likes of Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn who could sway the audience by just their enigmatic presence on the stage. That is on top actually singing together and harmonizing that chemistry so well. So the two are guilty as charged when fans during their earlier and soaring duet days have expected and eagerly hoped if the ‘Jolene’ singer and Kenny Rogers could make the stage romance extend until the two leave the backstage? Well, 30 years later they finally put the questions to rest.
Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers
In their interview with Today and before the All in for Gambler Farewell concert, the two sat down and finally talk about the lost hope of them becoming a real couple:
“First of all, she’s hard to look at for me,” Rogers joked.
“I’m not his type,” Parton joked.
“I’m a believer that tension is better if you keep it than if you satisfy it,” Rogers said. “And then secondly, she said no to me.”
“Nah. You know what, we were almost like brother and sister,” Parton replied. “And it would almost be like incest. So we just never went there.”
“I don’t know quite how I feel about it,” Parton said. “I don’t think I feel as scared and as empty as some of the fans do, because Kenny and I are friends, and I imagine that we can go visit and maybe once in a while light into a little bit of a song or two. We’re really good friends and we’re so much alike. We know the same people. We laugh at the same kind of jokes. I tell jokes and I tell him not to tell that I told the joke.”
So there you go folks. Let us know what you think in the comments below:
Dolly Parton, kenny rogers, Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage