Apparently in Dollywood, it does not take a holiday for Dolly Parton to share the secrets of baking a Butterscotch pie. So if you are in for the holiday blues even if it is not yet holiday then you are in for a treat of this particular recipe.
Here’s the step by step guide on how to make the heavenly Butterscotch Pie with a twist of the country icon:
Ingredients for Butterscotch Pie ala Dolly Parton
For the crust:
1 ¾ c. chopped pecans
¼ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
For the filling:
1 c. brown sugar 2 egg yolks, beaten
2 Tbsp. cornstarch ¾ c. condensed milk, diluted with ¾ c. water
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. butter whipped cream, for garnish
¼ tsp. salt
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9- or 10-inch pie plate with vegetable oil cooking spray.
Make the crust:
- Combine the pecans, butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture to the pie pan. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake until fragrant and browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
Make the filling:
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, flour, butter and salt in the top of a double boiler over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
- Add the egg yolks and continue to stir until incorporated. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickly coats the back of a spoon and is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes, until the filling is warmed through and firm.
- Let cool and serve with a “Dolly-up” of whipped cream. Makes one 8- to 10-inch single-crust pie.
This serves eight people.
Believe me, I tried it and my family loves it. You should too and tell us on the comments below how your loved ones reacted! If you’re wondering about the nutritional value, here’s the complete information:
Nutritional Information: Calories: 490; Fat: 34g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Sodium: 260mg; Total Carbohydrates: 44g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 38g; Protein: 6g.
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance