Most of the time, the loss of a little angel in the family has a great impact on the parents. Further, it is so heartbreaking to see your children die before you. But you need to accept that things happen for a reason. Plus, don’t worry because those little angels who lost their lives at an early age are now safe in the hands of God. In relation to that, I’m sure a lot of you will be able to relate to the cover hit “Godspeed” from the Dixie Chicks.
A lot of people have been moved by this emotional hit. Furthermore, this has been played at funerals or it has been sung by fathers who stayed in the battlefield hoping that they will see their kids someday. This hit may differ in meaning depending on your own interpretation.
Dixie Chicks: The Most Controversial Group
They started the band in 1989 performing at the county fair but had minimal success. Further, the band’s focus was on bluegrass music. But everything changed when Natalie Maines entered the group. Dixie Chicks had changed its course in terms of genre and target audience in 1995. Moreover, this was a wise decision for them because they were able to sell a lot of records. They were also tagged as the best-selling all-female band. With their great success in the industry, the Chicks were able to receive thirteen Grammy Awards.
The Hymn for the Departed
“Godspeed” was one of the successful cover hits of the Dixie Chicks that was included on their album Home which was released in 2002. Anyway, this hit focuses on the son of the narrator who had departed at an early age. But, the narrator is sure that angels will guide her son throughout his journey in the afterlife. Go ahead and listen to it.
death, Dixie Chicks, Godspeed
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Frédéric Thiébaud: 12 Facts about Shania Twain’s Husband
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life