First, God bless the songwriters, Dave Clark, Tony Wood, and Lee Black. They’ve given us a song that expressed what we needed as opposed to what we wanted to hear. Our world needs more of these insightful lyricists. It’s one thing to smith a song out of whim, and another to mold something with real value.
Back in 2017, the Christian Family Film Festival hailed Larnelle Harris‘ Disturb Us, Lord as the Best Christian Music Video. Besides the heart-wrenching supporting video, Larnelle’s performance is a masterpiece. He’s one anointed singer, indeed.
Disturb Us, Lord
Because We’re Too Comfortable
Man’s shortcomings will make a lengthy list. Several were mentioned in the song but let’s condensed them into the following:
If this song of Harris’ stirs us to action, then he and the songwriters have achieved their objective. Other than the timeliness of their message, our response as Christians is also vital.
We’ve had enough wake-up calls, and it’s good to be frequently disturbed by the Lord. If he won’t allow inconveniences to be part of our experiences, we’ll continually be stuck into selfishness.
A Call to Wonder
Despite its emotional appeal to awaken our consciences, Disturb Us, Lord is also a call to wonder. Topping all the good works that need to be done for mankind’s sake, Harris spoke of the experience of first love. Though written in the negative, it did include descriptions to make us remember those sweet communions we’ve had with our Lord. It’s a “wonder” worth beholding again.
And remember this, when the Lord disturbs his children, he won’t leave them broken. He will restore them.
Thank you for following our site. Got more time? You’re welcome to dig for more. Just choose one of our categories above.
For similar readings, click one of the tags below.
Hymns, Larnelle Harris
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Many May Know “The Yellow Rose of Texas,” But Few Know The Story Behind
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family