Diplo’s Music Video
It was no surprise that the all-around pop DJ, producer, and pop antagonist was present in Stagecoach, given that he announced that his new project was veering into country territory. Under the moniker Thomas Westley, he not only shared the news of his new project, but he also dropped a song entitled “So Long” featuring Nashville-based country singer Cam.
It incorporates Diplo’s signature computer wobbles into a traditional country song. The chill format of the song provides just enough wiggle room for the DJ to play with, while still maintaining the country twang vibe.
Now, Diplo parties hard with the iconic American restauranteur and Food Network star Guy Fieri in the new music video.
Watch the amazing music video here!
Diplo’s All-Star Country Collaborations
Coming in as Thomas Wesley Pentz, DJ and music producer Diplo plans on dipping his fingers into country music and will release an album slated with an all-star cast.
The album is called Thomas Wesley. And, according to what he told Variety, Diplo is already talking with heavy country power hitters like Thomas Rhett, Zac Brown, and Sam Hunt. The DJ also made friends with country star Sturgill Simpson, and he hopes to create country music with the same energy that he has.
However, Diplo admitted that it wasn’t easy to penetrate the close-knit country music scene.
“It’s actually a hard thing to get some of these guys to take a chance, because country’s such an insular community, but I’m trying to do something a little bit different with the songwriting just trying to experiment, y’know?”
Diplo’s recent career has included the Europa EP, his Grammy-winning collaboration with Mark Ronson called Silk City, and LSD, a team-up with Sia and Labrinth.
cam, Diplo, Guy Fieri, Stagecoach
- Patsy Cline’s Death Was the Most Tragic Day in Music History
- George Jones’ Last Words will Give You the Chills
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Swoon Over Conway Twitty’s Performance of “I See the Want To in Your Eyes”