In 2003, Dierks Bentley earned his first number one song on the country chart. The song was from his first self-titled studio album. “What Was I Thinkin’” was written and released fifteen years ago by Bentley, Deric Ruttan, and Brett Beavers.
The “What Was I Thinkin’” Inspiration
“What Was I Thinkin’” was partly inspired from Bentley’s past. In an interview with The Boot, Bentley said that he once dated a younger girl than him. He said that every time he visited the girl’s house, her father would always be there to meet him.
“I was dating a girl that was a little bit younger than me… There was a father I had to meet every time I walked in the house. It was a little intimidating.”
First Album and Its Performance
Bentley’s single not only reached number one on the chart, but it also entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number twenty-two. Aside from having his first number one song on the chart, Bentley’s first album performed well, too. His self-titled album reached number four on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In addition, the album placed at number twenty-six on the Billboard 200. The album has two more singles that entered the chart (“My Last Name” and “How Am I Doin’”). Let’s not also forget that Bentley’s album was Platinum-certified by RIAA, and his number one song was Gold-certified.
Dierks Bentley is a talented country singer. Since he released his first album and scored his first number one single, Bentley continuously produces songs that entered the chart. Out of the nine studio albums he released, seven of them were Gold or Platinum-certified by RIAA. In addition, he has a total of eleven number one songs in the chart.
Come and take a look at the first single of Dierks Bentley.
Billboard, Dierks Bentley, What Was I Thinkin'
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?