September 11, 2001, was a momentous day when terror gripped our nation’s heart. In the same vein, it is the perfect time to once again strengthen our “will” and “moral fortitude” to stand as One Nation Under God. To help remind us what made America the once great and exalted nation on the face of the earth, here’s Country and Christian Music Band Diamond Rio with a live rendition of their notable track.
In God We Still Trust (Live) – Diamond Rio
Titled In God We Still Trust, the song was not the kind to go viral for a society that’s all about hip and hype. Nonetheless, it did cause some stir back in 2009 (Follow the link for the cover story.) Weighing between the two freedoms: expression and choice, lead man Marty Roe did not hide his frustration on how the issue pertaining to their song was handled. He said that the matter should not have gone to court.
“It’s not about the real issue. It’s about greed or making a political statement.”
“We realize that it’s a sensitive subject and there are those who don’t share the same point of view. That’s their right, but a majority of Americans don’t want God taken out of public places. It shouldn’t be taboo. That’s our roots. And digging up the roots destroys the whole tree.”
– Marty Roe, Lead & Vocals, Diamond Rio
In God We Still Trust is the last track in Diamond Rio’s 8th Studio album The Reason. It proved to be a breakthrough album for Diamond Rio as it did not fail to chart on both the Top Country (41) and Top Christian (17) Albums chart. Furthermore, The Reason bagged the coveted Country Album of the Year (41st GMA DOVE AWARD). On top of that is a Grammy in 2011 for Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album.
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?