So, what would really take a song to land a spot on the music billboards? A lot, for sure. Figuring it out will be a complex task.
Sometimes, to consider a song destined to be on the charts would make our life easier.
While there are numerous facets considered for this matter, the artist who covered or recorded the song would definitely be a factor. More often than not, the success of a song lies heavily on the audience’s reception of its artist and cover. This sounds so true in various songs that found their place on the music charts.
Speaking of destiny, one remarkable song that was meant to occupy a momentous place on the country charts is “Wings of a Dove.” A country gospel song, “Wings of a Dove” was written by Robert Bruce Ferguson or simply Bob Ferguson in 1958. Two years later, pioneering country music entertainer in the 50’s, Ferlin Husky, took country music on the pop chart with his recording of the song. Bound to dominate the country music chart, the song held the top spot for 10 weeks. It was the third and the final number No.1 country song of Husky. The crossover hit as well finds its place on the pop chart peaking at No. 12. Such successes made it Husky’s best-known song. Spending nine months on the chart, the song’s destiny was, indeed, written on the charts!
On the wings of a dove, there is hope.
Alright, that’s a bit of the song’s success story. Now, let’s talk about its religious aspect. The song was inspired by the book of Genesis particularly on the use of a dove to symbolize hope. As the lyrics go:
“When troubles surround us, when evils come
The body grows weak
The spirit grows numb
When these things beset us
He doesn’t forget us
He sends down His love
On the wings of a dove”
Singing the song by heart is truly soul refreshing. The lyrics were well-written, meaningful and compelling. Here’s for your listening pleasure.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend