Story of the Song
We all know the King of Country and maybe all of his songs. However, the most memorable song of George Strait is “I Cross My Heart”. The song was released in 1992 and it is also one of the most treasured hits ever released by the living legend. The song was written and recorded as a part of his soundtrack for the famed country movie, Pure Country. As an actor, George Strait’s role was the lead character in the movie. The album was released alongside the film.
The Love Story
For those who haven’t seen the movie, the story follows a man who is one of the biggest rising stars in country music. That man decided to pursue his singing rather than going back to working on a farm. While he was working on a farm, he falls in love with the farm owner’s daughter, Harley. Later, during a very intimate and toned-down show, he takes the stage in front of an audience that includes the woman of his dreams – Harley.
A Declaration of Love
While playing one of the most emotional and sweetest songs ever, Harley becomes visibly moved by the song as they stare into each other’s eyes across the room. She weeps tears of love and joy for her country hero.
Displaying an amazing love and romance, this scene from Pure Country will definitely melt your heart.
This song really is the perfect Valentine song. Not only the lyrics of the song sends emotion, but also the tune melts the heart. I too have a special someone and I’ll definitely sing this song to her, the same way that George Strait sang the song.
I cross my heart and promise to give all I’ve got to support you in the things that you want. Also, in all the world, I’m sure that you will never find a love as true as mine. Advance Happy Valentine.
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life