David Lee Murphy, the singer and songwriter best known for his phenomenal 1995 song Dust on the Bottle, is set to release an upcoming album with the help of legendary country rock star, Kenny Chesney.
Unbeknownst to many, David Lee has been among the top contributors of well-written music for several of Kenny Chesney’s albums. The two artists have since shared a strong, unbreakable bond and an insatiable passion for all things music. Some of the songs that David Lee has co-written with Chesney are Bart at the End of the World, Live a Little, Winnebago, Living in Fast Forward, and Pirate Flag.
Now that the tables have turned, Chesney decided it is finally time for him to return the favor to his long-time comrade. What better way to do so than by lending a huge helping hand for his friend’s brand new studio album!
Together with Buddy Cannon, Chesney will be a co-producer for David Lee’s No Zip Code. In an interview, Chesney describes David Lee as “the original and the last of the hillbilly rockstars.” In addition, Chesney fondly describes just how amazing Murphy exemplifies his love for music. “His groove, the way he lays into a melody is so smooth, yet he uses the words for shaping the rhythm. He knows the life, and he bottles it up in song. Making this record showed us what country music can be in the 21st century.”
Meanwhile, David Lee says that the opportunity of releasing another album proved to be a dream come true for him. Having directed his full attention to songwriting for years, he admits that he never thought he’d be able to produce his own new music once again. “Kenny and I got to talking, and it seemed like something worth doing. Then when we got in the studio, it felt so good, every day was more exciting than the one before.”
David Lee and Kenny Chesney are yet to make an official announcement for the album’s release date.
David Lee Murphy, Kenny Chesney, new album
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?