He is a ’90s country hitmaker known for a big, traditional country voice and songs like “Amen Kind of Love” and “I Let Her Lie.” His commercial success came during the mid-to-late-’90s but he continued to record original music and albums of cover songs that featured stars like Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Paycheck, Dwight Yoakam and more.
Singletary’s official cause of death has not been revealed, some sources say he had a blood clot. Daryle Singletary suddenly died at home early on February 12, Monday morning. The 46-year-old leaves behind a wife and four children under the age of eight.
Did He Feel That It Could Be his Last Song?
Prior that, he performed his last show on February 10, Saturday at Cowboy’s nightclub – a well-known country-music venue in Lafayette, Louisiana. The final song Singletary and his band played during their live set were originally written and recorded by the legendary Johnny Paycheck. He closed the performance with his familiar cover of a heartbreaking ‘Old Violin’. The song’s final lyrics are resonating today. The song concludes That’s Why I Sing This Way – Singletary’s album of covers from 2002. He played it at the end of his set swaying goodbye to the audience after sadly whispering,
“And just like that it hit me
That old violin and I were just alike
We’d give our all to music
And soon, we’d give our life.”
As the song goes ‘Tonight I feel like an old violin, soon to be played and never played again’, it seemed that Daryle must have felt his impending death. And that, for one last cry he touched the hearts of his fans delivering a covered message through the song. Who could have foreseen that less than 36 hours after his performance in Lafayette, he gave his life not to music, but to the Lord? Yes, another country artist is joining our Creator and choir of angels singing to us from above.
Watch his last heartbreaking performance below. His last, and probably the greatest sad song he has ever played.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life