Fresh from the land of NSW Australia, meet Country & Folk singer-songwriter Daniel Bill Higgins or Dan Higgins (not to be confused with the Saxophonist Dan L. Higgins) with his latest single The Hand released in June.
Recorded at ENREC studios with Pixie Jenkins on violin and Kate Hollingsworth on backing vocals, the track peaked at #18 on Australia’s Top 40 Country Tracks Chart. Owing to its lyrical value and originality, The Hand’s speedily gaining attention and getting a warm reception in the US through his video posted on Facebook (see embedded clip).
Dan hopes that The Hand will touch the listener’s hearts and encourage them that they are never alone.
“This is an uplifting song about the hard times people often face throughout their lives. It shares that there are always better days ahead and a friendly hand to support us along the way “
THE HAND – Dan Higgins
Bits about the Songsmith
Raised in a musical family, Dan has always been passionate about country and folk music. This gave him the urge to start writing and performing original music. Hence, he further sharpened his skills as a lyricist through the JMC Academy in Melbourne which he recently completed in 2017.
Higgins perseverance came into fruition when in 2016, his dream turned into reality with the release of his debut single Home For Me co-written with Lawrie Minson. The said track won him recognition from Tamworth Songwriters Association in his country. To date, Higgins continues to be an encouragement through his song compositions.
So to Dan Higgins, here’s to wishing you all the best in your music career.
Dan Higgins, The Hand
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend