In case you missed it after reading about some news of Miley Cyrus performing various songs, she also had a very special and touching performance tribute together with his dad, Billy Ray Cyrus as the father and daughter tandem delivered a rendition of Tom Petty’s classic, ‘Wildflowers.’ The two Cyruses had given an exemplary performance of the song by the departed Tom Petty during the Miley-centric episode of ‘The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.’ It can be remembered that Tom Petty died at the age of 66 after a cardiac arrest. This number was the Cyrus family’s tribute to the influence of Tom Petty in the music industry especially in the genre of country music.
Wildflowers, Miley Cyrus ft Billy Cyrus
Miley Cyrus is indeed on a roll last week as she is promoting her album, Younger Now and one of her best performances that she did on her Tonight Show appearance was that of her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus. It’s refreshing to see both of them share one stage while singing the hit of Heartbreakers’ Tom Petty.
Cyrus with her natural Southern twang, unique vocals made a soulful rendition of Wildflowers while Billy Ray mostly tinkered his acoustic guitar and draw some harmonious vocals with Cyrus, it cannot be denied that the father and daughter connection is still there most especially when Miley played the dear connection asking ‘Are You Ready Dad?” before the instrumental section.
On her other stints on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Miley Cyrus also made a powerful comeback song of her Hannah Montana classic, ‘The Climb’ to make a poignant statement of hope after the tragic shooting in Las Vegas. She also had a duet with Adam Sandler for ‘No Freedom’ song.
While many have doubted Miley Cyrus talent because of her ‘Bangerz’ era, it cannot be denied that she is still a force of influence in this time of sad and tragic news.
Watch her performance below:[like_button]
Billy Ray, Miley Cyrus
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans