“Two Sleepy People” was written by Frank Loesser and Hoagy Carmichael. The song was originally performed by Hoagy Carmichael and Ella Logan, in 1938. Numerous artist has covered the song, including that of Crystal Gayle with Willie Nelson, Dean Martin, and Seth MacFarlane with Norah Jones.
“Two Sleepy People” Content
The song is a story about two couple who are so in love that they do not want to say goodnight to one another, because saying good night meant saying goodbye. They talked about their love together and how the woman’s father doesn’t like her man. However, despite it all, they got married and spent every day together. It is such a beautiful song, listening to people in love and how they can’t even just saying goodnight to one another since they are so much in love. Sometimes when you are in love you can’t eat or you can’t sleep, because you keep thinking of that person. Furthermore, you just want to spend all the time with them and not waste a single minute away from them.
Crystal Gayle Sings the Heart & Soul of Hoagy Carmichael
The beautiful Country singer, Crystal Gayle, recorded the song “Two Sleepy People” in 1999. Gayle’s version of the song was the same as that of Hoagy Carmichael, she sang it in its original tune. She was joined by another country singer Willie Nelson. It was a perfect combination of their voices.
The song, “Two Sleepy People” was included in Gayle’s album, Crystal Gayle Sings the Heart & Soul of Hoagy Carmichael. Even though her album is not that of country music, it still showcased her beautiful voice as she sings in jazz ballads. The album was released in 1999, on the 100th birthday of the songwriter and singer Hoagy Carmichael.
Gayle had a medley performance with Carmichael before he died in 1981. They sang “Lazy River,” “Lazybones,” and “In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening.” If you haven’t heard Gayle’s version of Carmichael’s song, then you have to give it a try. It may not be of Country genre, but Gayle still pulled it off.
crystal gayle, two sleepy people, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce