Ray Charles, The Original Version
In 1956, Ray Charles, a jazz singer, released the song for his first album titled Ray Charles. The song was the number one track on the B-side of his album. “Hallelujah I Love Her So” was covered by many artists from 1959 to 2010. Some artists that made a version of this songs were the Beatles in 1995, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra in 1969, Brenda Lee, Jerry Reed, and George Jones in 1984.
Crystal Gayle’s Version
“Hallelujah I Love Him So” is a song covered by Crystal Gayle in 2003 for her album All My Tomorrows. The version of her song didn’t hit the US Billboard charts, but it fits her charming, sweet voice. Her album was a collection of contemporary songs which was her first album under this category. She included classic songs in her 14 track album.
George Jones’ Version
George Jones and Brenda Lee recorded a version of this song, changing the title to “Hallelujah I Love You So” in 1984. Their version entered the US Billboard Hot Country Song Charts at No. 15. In addition, the song was part of Jones’ album Ladies’ Choice.
From “Hallelujah I Love Her So” to “Hallelujah I Love Him So”
Crystal changes the word her to him, to indicate that she is singing a song for her man. Most of the artists did the same too they change the word him to her depending on the gender of the singer.
The Song’s Content
“Hallelujah I Love Him So” celebrates the love of the narrator to her current lover. She appreciates all the things he did for her. She tells about how he makes coffee for her every morning and how he stays by her side when she is alone. The song gives a positive and happy meaning to people in a relationship. Most of the song we hear is the bad side of it, but in this song, it celebrates love and appreciation that the narrator has for her man.
crystal gayle, hallelujah i love him so, Ray Charles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait