“Crying in the Chapel”
“Crying in the Chapel” is a 1950s gospel song written by Artie Glenn. Artie wrote this song for his son Darell to sing it. Darell first recorded along with Artie’s band the Rhythm Rides. The song was published by Valley Publishers featuring Darrell Glenn. First, it became a local hit song, then eventually became an international hit.
“Crying in the Chapel” became the most recorded song in the 1950s. Thus, Glenn’s version of the song went number one on the Cash Box charts and entered the country chart.
Elvis Presley’s Version
Elvis Presley released his version of the song in April 1965 under RCA Records. Upon its release, it sold millions of copies nationwide and become number three on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. In addition, it topped the Adult Contemporary chart. “Crying in the Chapel” is a great success in Presley’s career.
It was recorded by some music artists including June Valli and Rex Allen, The Orioles, Ella Fitzgerald, and many more. It is also sung in churches, Sunday services, and other gospel groups.
About the Song
Now I’m happy in the chapel
Where people are of one accord
Yes, we gather in the chapel
Just to sing and praise the Lord
“Crying in the Chapel” has a great melody and inspirational words put in the song. It is not just an ordinary song that speaks about life, rather it has a twist that everyone can relate into.
Have you been in churches or chapels? What do you feel as you enter? For me, it gives me peace as I start talking to the Lord. One of the best place where we find peace is the Kingdom of the Lord. All those things that we desire will be given to us in the Lord’s perfect timing.
Crying in the Chapel, Darell Glenn, Elvis Presley
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are Some Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Randy Travis