Cristy Lane is more than just a songbird with the face of an angel. Throughout the years that she’s been on TV, she has inspired millions of people with her songs about faith, courage, and love. Truly, she is a lady of all things beautiful including this rendition of Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind!”
Cristy Lane: A Big-Hearted Lady on a Mission
As a singer, Lane has recorded more than 400 songs in her lifetime and garnered multiple successes including six top ten hits and three others in the top twenty. Nevertheless, fame and ranking as one of the top-notch female country singers were not her primary concerns. She was more driven to bringing comfort and joy through music to all soldiers dispatched in far places. Hence, supporting military troops became her lifetime commitment.
In 1969, Lane received a medal for her services in Vietnam where she did more than 120 shows. Come 2003; Lane was inducted into the “ Hall of Fame Award” for her selfless initiative in being of service to our troops.
But her acts of kindness and generosity weren’t limited to soldiers. In 2005, she donated all proceeds of her album sales to the victims of the tsunami in Sri Lanka. In the same vein, Lane again donated to the Chinese victims of the earthquake in 2008.
1979- Academy of Country Music’s “Top New Female Vocalist of The Year”
1981 – Platinum Album Award for “One Day at a Time“
1983 – Her biography, “One Day at a Time” became the #1 million selling book in the US.
1984 – EMI’s Billboard Magazine named Cristy Lane as the biggest selling artist in India.
2007- Inducted into the “Christian Music Hall of Fame and Museum Award”
Cristy Lane, farm aid, One Day at a Time, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?