Troy Seals, one of the finest singers, guitarists, and songwriters celebrates his 79th birthday today. A native of Bighill, Madison County, Kentucky, he learned how to sing and play the guitar at a very tender age. He is a member of the renowned Seals family of musicians. The Seals musicians are comprised of Dan Seals (England Dan & John Ford Coley), Jim Seals (Seals & Crofts), and Brady Seals (Little Texas and Hot Apple Pie).
He has released two albums of his own, and quite a number of singles, namely:
- I Got a Thing About You Baby (1973)
- Star of the Bar (1973)
- You Can’t Judge A Book by the Cover (1974)
- Honky Tonkin (1974)
- Easy (1975)
- Sweet Dreams (1976)
- Grand Ole Blues (1977)
- One Night Honeymoon (1980)
Seals also recorded songs with Doug Kershaw and Lonnie Mack back in 1970. However, he became more prominent in the industry of music as a songwriter.
But because his compositions left a bigger impact to his fellow artists, his musical genius was incorporated by artists like Randy Travis, Conway Twitty, Nancy Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Hank Williams Jr., Levon Helm, George Jones, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison and recorded as part of their own individual albums. Three of the compositions that Troy Seals co-wrote was nominated for the Country Music Association’s Song of the Year award. These songs are If You Ever Have Forever in Mind (1999). Lost in the Fifties Tonight (1986), and Seven Spanish Angles (1985).
Aside from his recognized talent in writing beautiful songs, he is also commended for his amazing guitar-playing. On numerous sessions, Troy Seals lent his guitar-playing genius for recording country artists, even going as far as collaborating with legendary musicians like Vince Gill, Will Jennings, and Waylon Jennings.
Troy Seals’ topnotch contributions and successful career in the world of country music was given due recognition when he was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters’ Hall of Fame.
guitarists, Nashville Songwriters’ Hall of Fame, songwriters, Troy Seals
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce