Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we have compiled ten country songs that will be good to play on that day. Now, here is the second part of the list.
6. “But for the Grace of God” by Keith Urban
This song released in 2000 became an instant hit and a favorite Keith Urban song. Also, it became Urban’s first No. 1 single. The song sings about a man who doesn’t have a lot of possessions. However, he has something better than all riches in the word – love. And, he is contented with it.
But for the grace of God go I
I must’ve been born a lucky guy
Heaven only knows how I’ve been blessed
With the gift of your love
7. “Lucky Man” by Montgomery Gentry
In 2007, country music duo Montgomery Gentry released this song, and it went to no. 1 on the Billboard country charts. With the powerful vocals of the two, the song is not surprisingly a top contender. The song talks about the things that annoy the narrator. For example, his favorite football team lost, and he hates his job. However, he is still thankful for everything he has and thinks that he is a lucky man.
I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the sun’s too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I’ve got
8. “It’s a Great Day to be Alive” by Travis Tritt
In 2000, Travis Tritt rendered his version of this song. Interestingly, it went No. 1 on the charts. The song is all about not having much but having enough to be happy. Also, it presents a reflection of the narrator on his life 15 years since he left home.
And it’s a great day to be alive
I know the sun’s still shining
When I close my eyes
There’s some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can’t every day be just this good
9. “Thanking the Good Lord” by Merle Haggard
This song was a part of Merle Haggard’s 1987 album, Chill Factor. In the song, he gives gratitude to the Lord for the woman he fell in love with. In addition, he noted in the song that he has one final request.
Help me to prosper and be fair in all things that I do
The love I’ve been needing I just found in your heart
And I’m thanking the good Lord for you
10. “I Could Not Ask for More” by Sarah Evans
In 2001, Sarah Evans took this song to number two on the country charts. However, this was actually an original of Edwin McCain in 1999. The entire song talks about being thankful for what the narrator has in her life from the rain to smiles, to love, and many others
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered
Every dream I’ve had’s come true
More songs talk about being thankful, and these are just a few of them. This Thanksgiving Day, we hope that we all be grateful for everything that we have. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Y’all!
but for the grace of god, I Could Not Ask For More, It's a Great Day to Be Alive, Lucky Man, Thanking the Good Lord, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend