We all know that one of the legends of country music, Kenny Rogers, has entertained the world for more than seven decades. Now, at the age of 79, the country artist decided to retire and spend more time at home his wife and kids.
After Rogers participated in a farewell concert in Nashville that brought together a lot of country music’s biggest stars, he will wrap up his ‘The Gambler’s Last Deal: Christmas & Hits Tour’ in mid-December. After his tour, the country legend will take a step back and enjoy all life has to offer. Rogers’ plan during his retirement, is downsizing his house for a smaller one.
“We’re thinking about right now… we have a huge house and it’s hard for me to get around. We’re thinking about selling our house and buying a smaller house on a larger piece of property so the boys can go outside.”
More room for his 13-year-old twins is something Rogers hopes will help expend some of their rowdy energy.
“They’re at that noise making age. I don’t care what they do, they’re into scaring everybody. They walk around, they walk and they go, ‘Boo.’ I said, ‘Don’t you ever do that to me. I might not jump, I’ll fall.’ They just love it. I said, ‘When are you going to outgrow that?’ They go, ‘I don’t know,’ and they don’t. I mean they’re big boys, but they’re only 13, and I have to remember that,” Rogers said with a laugh.
The Gambler’s Last Deal: Christmas & Hits Tour will wrap December 17 in Glens Falls, NY. Thereafter, performance dates for the legendary entertainer will come few and far between with his next scheduled appearance at the Stagecoach Festival in Indio, California, taking place April 27-29 2018.
As a bonus, here is a music video of The Gambler. Enjoy!
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend