Would you drink a glass of strawberry wine if your love is bittersweet?
Many artists have already covered this 90’s country hit but a few have just stood out and done justice to the song. Hence, I will present the most popular and best covers to this Deana Carter song, Strawberry Wine.
Strawberry Wine is Carter’s most successful single in her career. It is considered a signature song for both songwriter Matraca Berg and Deana Carter.
The song went to peak at number one on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, and the Canadian RPM Tracks. In addition, Strawberry Wine won Song of the Year at the Country Music Association Awards in 1997. It was voted Song of the Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International and the Nashville Music Awards.
Moreover, the song was nominated for three awards: Grammy Award for Best Country Song, Academy of Country Music Awards Best Country Song nominee, and Country Music Radio Awards for Song of the Year.
Best Covers of Strawberry Wine
Here are the following artists and their own rendition of the song:
Out of all covers of Strawberry Wine, this Lindsay Ell version is the most touching. This Canadian country music artist poured a higher level of yearning and emotion. Indeed, Ell owned the song as if she were the writer.
This American country singer-songwriter performed his own cover at a radio station, The Bobby Bones Show. Though it is just a one-minute cover, the perfect emotions are still preserved in the song.
Singing it for The Voice Blind Audition in 2015, Summer Schappell gave a more distinct twist to the song. Doing away with the slower tempo and softer beat, Schappell performed it in a more upbeat and lively way. Coaches Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams turned around for her. Eventually, she picked the lady coach.
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website, https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”