More than four decades ago, Conway Twitty’s “The Games That Daddies Play” peaked at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It placed on the said position on October 9, 1976, and today marks its 42nd. Indeed, a classic from the one and only “High Priest of Country Music.” A song worth remembering.
My Handsome Daddy. Loved by millions and owns my heart.
Overall, Conway Twitty placed a vast number of 38 No.1 songs on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. If only he’s alive, without a doubt, he will set more, and he should have been the country artist with the highest No.1’s on the Billboard chart.
The Games That Daddies Play….
Conway Twitty, himself, wrote the words and lyrics of “The Games That Daddies Play.” Then, he recorded the song on October 8, 1975. He released it in July 1976 under his album “Greatest Hits Volume II.” As mentioned above, the song peaked at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart on October 9, 1976. It then became his 17th No.1 to enter the chart.
Moreover, “The Games That Daddies Play” talks about a boy who is raised by his single mother. However, the boy longs for a father in his life. The boy asks about his father and his father’s whereabouts. Though painful, the mother needs to tell the truth because the boy deserves to know the truth.
“The Games That Daddies Play” genuinely depicts a true tale of what is happening around us. It talks about sons who longs for the love of their fathers. In particular, it happens, and it’s prevalent in today’s society. Indeed, Conway Twitty provided us another tear-jerking song. I’m pretty sure, a lot can relate to the story of the song.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
conway twitty, High Priest of Country Music, The Games That Daddies Play
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce