The Legendary Bobby Bare
Bobby Bare, who started his career as a country musician, worked hard to be where he is today. He didn’t succeed at the beginning of his career. Now he contributed a lot in the world of country music. Two of his chart-topping songs were “500 Miles Away from Home” and “Detroit City.” The latter peaked at No. 6 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1963 and remained furthermore for 18 weeks. While “500 Miles Away from Home” peaked at No. 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and No. 5 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1964. However, aside from those songs, Bare has other recordings from 1958 until 2017.
Another song performed by Bobby Bare is “Come Sundown.” The song was released in 1970 as part of Bare’s album This is Bare Country. The song was written by one of the well-known country music songwriters, Kris Kristofferson. The album entered the US Billboard Top Country Albums at No. 37 in 1970 and remained on the charts for a total of 6 weeks. While the song “Come Sundown” peaked at No. 7 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1971, and remained on the charts for a total of 17 weeks. Kris Kristofferson also recorded a version of this song.
The Song’s content
“Come Sundown,” a ballad song accompanied by a guitar, is a heartbreaking love song about a man watching the love of his life walk away from him. His woman slipped out of his house quietly as he was sleeping. She left him early in the morning when the world is sleeping and he lays there listening to the door slowly closing, knowing she’s gone forever. “Come Sundown” because it’s when he finally realizes she is completely gone. One day they were together then the next it’s over.
bobby bare, come sundown
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life