Inspired by the metaphor Jesus used to describe the rapture of souls, this song is another good reminder for us to be always on the watch on how we live.
As ‘good seeds’ that the Lord has sown, we are to ‘bear the fruits he requires. Namely, they’re love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. But first, our faith needs to be strongly rooted in Christ. Once that is done, we will be able to withstand anything.
No truckloads of doubts could dry our spirits, no worldwide mishaps blown by the news could shake our hope, and no amount of people’s indifference could drown our love for this coming Lord of the harvest. We will continue growing in character and souls will multiply; all for the good pleasure of our Lord on the day of the great harvest.
And as Glen has so beautifully phrased in the song’s last verse, what a great thanksgiving would that be! Our joy then would be full and permanent.
“Come Harvest Time” by Glen Campbell.
It was released in 1994 as part of his album “The Boy in Me [New Haven]” and was again included in his 1997 album “Jesus and Me: The Collection [New Haven].”
IMPACT ON HIS FAMILY
Kim Campbell, in a blog on careliving.org, hand-picked this song of her late husband to illustrate her point in gratefulness.
She shared how their family sustained an attitude of thanksgiving despite Glen’s Alzheimer’s. There was neither a remembering of the past or be planning for the future. Hence, they learned to value every moment they had with Glen. She further exhorted that whatever they’re going through, to still ‘rejoice and give thanks’ as we plant more seeds of ‘kindness, mercy, and love.’
end time, glen campbell, gospel
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend