Inspired by the metaphor Jesus used to describe the rapture of souls, this song is another good reminder for us to be always on the watch on how we live.
As ‘good seeds’ that the Lord has sown, we are to ‘bear the fruits he requires. Namely, they’re love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. But first, our faith needs to be strongly rooted in Christ. Once that is done, we will be able to withstand anything.
No truckloads of doubts could dry our spirits, no worldwide mishaps blown by the news could shake our hope, and no amount of people’s indifference could drown our love for this coming Lord of the harvest. We will continue growing in character and souls will multiply; all for the good pleasure of our Lord on the day of the great harvest.
And as Glen has so beautifully phrased in the song’s last verse, what a great thanksgiving would that be! Our joy then would be full and permanent.
“Come Harvest Time” by Glen Campbell.
It was released in 1994 as part of his album “The Boy in Me [New Haven]” and was again included in his 1997 album “Jesus and Me: The Collection [New Haven].”
IMPACT ON HIS FAMILY
Kim Campbell, in a blog on careliving.org, hand-picked this song of her late husband to illustrate her point in gratefulness.
She shared how their family sustained an attitude of thanksgiving despite Glen’s Alzheimer’s. There was neither a remembering of the past or be planning for the future. Hence, they learned to value every moment they had with Glen. She further exhorted that whatever they’re going through, to still ‘rejoice and give thanks’ as we plant more seeds of ‘kindness, mercy, and love.’
end time, glen campbell, gospel
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family