We may not be hearing much about Country Superstar Collin Raye in the mainstream media, but he still is very active travelling and performing in various events. One was at the Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas on February 17 this year. It was for the celebration of “Two Nations, One Faith” mass simulcast of Pope Francis. There, he sang songs from his album, His Love Remains, which he recorded back in 1995. He was joined by another celebrity singer Andrea Thomas. The duo delivered a beautiful rendition of a Christian song called “How Beautiful.”[like_button]
“I was so blessed to be able to donate my time and talent for this beautiful event. The Pope’s visit to the border was unforgettable.”
– Collin Raye-
Aside from his song performance, Raye also used the stage to share his testimony of faith. Though raised a Baptist, he turned to Catholicism at age 23. He then became an inspirational speaker and had always been invited to many Christian gatherings. Oftentimes, he would talk about the trauma of losing a loved one yet at the same trusting God in the process.
“God has a larger purpose. Rarely is he going to do what you want him to do – and thank God for that. .. If my life has taught me anything that I want to share with people -we all can learn to be still and listen to God when we pray… just say, ‘Lord, just do whatever with me. Utilize whatever of me you can,'”
– Collin Raye-
He also wrote a memoir entitled “A Voice Undefeated“ released on April 2014. In it is his journey as a common person behind his multi-platinum successes in the music industry. Check below his book trailer.
After twenty years of fame as a musician, Raye, now 51, is set to use his talent and voice as spokesperson for the Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network, an advocacy to raise awareness about euthanasia and the care of persons with disabilities.
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?