Sugarland makes a grand return during the after party for the 2017 CMA Awards. The party, which took place at Florida Georgia Line’s FGL House, was star-studded and crowded with great food and overflowing drinks. Also present during the celebration were the people behind the Big Machine Label Groups, including their CEO, Scott Borchetta.
Borchetta was the one who introduced Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush to the crowd. During the introduction, he added a brief look back at how the country duo started. When he first met the band in 2004, he had just left Universal Music Group. It was the same group that happened to be the first label home for Sugarland. He went on to share that the first time he heard ‘Baby Girl’, he instantly knew that the band had something special in them.
Sugarland then went on to grace the stage and serenade the audience with one of their signature hit songs, Stay. Their surprise reunion performance revved up the entire party and both the audience and their fellow artists were delighted to witness their country music magic manifest once again.
But aside from the amazing surprise performance, the duo also had bigger news to break to the public. In truth, the CMA after-party was their way of conveying to their supporters and fellow artists their plan to make new music together. Quite possibly, this could also mean that Nettles and Bush have grander plans of rekindling the fire that was started by their collaboration as a sensational country music group.
Could this mean fans will finally get to hear Sugarland dominate the airwaves once again? Will this be the prelude to so many tours and brand new albums in the years to come?
While there has not yet been any official confirmation of the duo getting back together, people are very eager for the two to finally reunite and continue the journey of producing beautiful music that they have started.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family