Some people are destined to be partners in something. That’s what the country music singer Clint Black and songwriter-guitarist Hayden Nicholas have been for decades already. In 1987, the two unexpectedly met in a place where the interests of both also met. Accordingly, when Black was having one of his gigs during the earlier period of his career, he crossed path with Nicholas. After such meeting, the two started recording cover songs for the purpose of Black landing a record deal. This aim had materialized the following year. Thanks to their first-ever joint project, “Nobody’s Home” that went successful and eventually opening the door of opportunities for more records turned into big hits.
The No. 1 Song of 1999 According to Billboard
“Nobody’s Home” was the record-winning collaborative project of Clint Black and Hayden Nicholas. The song was recorded as the third single on the singer’s debut album Killin’ Time. It was also Black’s third consecutive No. 1 single from the platinum-certified album following “A Better Man” and “Killin’ Time.” “Nobody’s Home” topped the country charts both in the US and in Canada. This ballad about a depressed and miserable man enjoyed the chart’s summit for three consecutive weeks. Ultimately, the single became the No. 1 song of 1990 according to Billboard magazine.
The narrator in the song laments his breakup with his lover. Such a painful experience caused him to become indifferent. Every day of his life was spent miserably. But despite the song’s theme, the tempo employed seemed to overshadow the poignant vibe. Also, the musical accompaniment sounded a bit cool offering vibrancy to the song. Listen to Black’s recording of “Nobody’s Home” below.
Did you enjoy this piece?
We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the fun with other fans of country music. Here on Country Thang Daily, we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country music and information.
Clint Black, Hayden Nicholas, Killin' Time, nobody's home
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free