Popularly known for his speedy lightning fingers, country singer and musician Roy Clark once again showed off his guitar prowess as he takes on another country classic. An extremely skilled guitar and banjo player, Clark also had a talent in comedy. This explains why you might probably recognize him as one of the hosts at the Hee Haw Show. Additionally, he served as a guest host for Johnny Carson on his The Tonight Show not only once but many times. While he was a gifted comedian, he shone at his best as a guitar player.
In one of the episodes of The Jimmy Dean Show, Clark treated the audience with his superb version of a classic ragtime musical, “Twelfth Street Rag,” on his electric guitar.
Blending his guitar prowess and talent in comedy, Clark could not hide his inner comedian as he took it upon himself with his performance. He did a little tap dance leaving the audience into a fit of applause and laughter.
Going back to his performance, “Twelfth Street Rag” is actually an extremely fast and difficult song to play. As a matter of fact, only a few skilled musicians can execute it as perfectly as Clark did. During the really fast-paced and intricate parts of the music, the crowd gave Clark his much-deserved applause.
A Li’l Bit About “Twelfth Street Rag”
Published by Euday L. Bowman, “Twelfth Street Rag” is an instrumental song that got its fame in 1914. To note, it is one of the most famous and best-selling songs during the ragtime era.
Covered by a number of artists such as Louis Armstrong, Krazy Kat, Pee Wee Hunt, and Donald Peers, the song became famous as the theme to The Joe Franklin Show.
Check out Roy Clark as he brilliantly performs “Twelfth Street Guitar” with his powerful guitar skills:
roy clark, Twelfth Street Guitar
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music