We go to church every Sunday, listen to the sermon and reflect on it. We act in a good way but then when Sunday’s over, most of us forget the things we learn inside the church. All of a sudden we are back to doing things that are not right and wait until Sunday to realize our sins and ask for forgiveness again.
Patsy Cline released a song titled “Dear God (I Go to Church on Sunday)” in 1958. Her sweet, strong voice and a gospel song combined together is utter perfection. If you haven’t heard the song yet then you must give it a try. If you don’t want to listen to it then you can read it here.
“I Go to Church on Sunday’s” Content
The song is about a person who always goes to church every Sunday, and whenever she is in church she praises the Lord and vows to be a better person. She always tries to be at her best and do good every Sunday, because she is aware that it’s the time she sees or speaks to the Lord. However, when Monday comes and the rest of the week (except Sunday’s) she starts to go back to her old habits. All her vows, all the good things she promises to do or the good things she does just disappear. When Sunday comes again she kneels down and does the same routine every time. However, the woman is aware of her faults. She knows that she strays away from the faith, thus she always asks God’s forgiveness and guidance.
There is a question in the song that says, “Is it too late?” what do you think of it? Do you think that after all of the bad things we did, it is too late to ask for God’s forgiveness and repent? Share your opinions, we would love to hear from you.
I Go to Church on Sunday, Patsy Cline
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Unleash Your Inner Fierce With These Beth Dutton Quotes
- Marie Osmond and Steve Craig Found Their Way Back Into Love
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?