One reason to love old-time gospel music is the serenity it brings to your mind. And if you are fond of listening to these oldies but goodies, you might be familiar with “Echoes from the Burning Bush.” If not, then better have a good listen to it first.
“Echoes from the Burning Bush” by the Chuck Wagon Gang
Isn’t it soothing? It is perfect when your mind is a jumble. (Works every time for me.) Shame that the song is rarely found in most hymnals. Nevertheless, let us be glad that this wonderful singing group recorded and brought to us some of these gospel tracks we enjoy today.
ABOUT THE CHUCKWAGON GANG
Sometimes referred to as the “Other Carter Family.” Original members were D.P Carter (Dad), Rose (Lola) C. Karnes, Anna (Effie) C. Gordon Davis, and Jim (Ernest) Carter. The group was founded in the early 1930’s and had been active since. Over the years, other members joined in.
The story about how they became famous is worth noting. Back then, Dad Carter formed the group as a means of spreading God’s Words and so he could buy medicine for Effie who caught pneumonia. They were a four-part singing group with Mr. Carter as the tenor, Rose for soprano, Effie for alto, and son Ernest as bass. Soon, they became a crowd favorite and were signed up with Columbia Records, and sold albums. From a humble beginning with modest intentions, the quartet did not expect the tremendous blessings that came. Their harmonious gospel singing complemented their harmonious familial relationship.
ABOUT THE SONG
Written by Bryon Foust and V.O. Summa.
The song’s theme is about salvation using Moses’ encounter of God in the form a burning bush as an illustration. The fear most people felt in hearing God during the Old Testament was replaced with joy after Jesus came and brought redemption.
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?