April 15, 2018, was two things for Chris Stapleton. It was his 40th birthday his day got even better when he ended up winning two ACM Awards: Album of the Year for From a Room: Volume 1, and Male Vocalist of the Year. Sadly, Chris was not able to make it to Las Vegas to accept either of his awards. The brighter side is, his wife, Morgane, was then expecting their twins to arrive any time.
McEntire Gracefully Received Stapleton’s Award
Earlier in the ceremony, Host Reba explained Chris’ absence. He has remained at home with his wife since she was expected to give birth anytime. So, when Stapleton won the ACM Awards for Album of the Year, the audience was surprised when McEntire walked onstage to receive it. Later, she announced that not only had Chris won the desired award, he was also a father to new twin boys. Their twins had arrived earlier than expected.
In a separate tweet, Chris expressed gratitude to Reba for imparting the happy news and assured everyone that his family is doing okay.
First Photo of His Biggest 2018 Blessing
Morgane revealed that her twin boys were born more than a month early. They had a week-long stay in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit where health professionals kept them healthy. It is not rare for some country stars to share pictures of their personal lives. This is something that Chris and Morgane are a bit concerned, though. Even the names of their first two children were never made known to the public. But, in a black and white Instagram photo posted on Tuesday, Morgane Stapleton thanked fans for their love and support for the birth of their sons. Surely, fans are relieved that Morgane and Chris were eager to share a photo of their twins. Chris also shared the same photo and note on his own social media pages.
Congratulations Chris! You deserve these three blessings in a day!
— ACM Awards (@ACMawards) April 16, 2018
Video credits: @ACMAwards (twitter.com)
chris stapleton, Reba McEntire
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More