No other country artists were nominated for the main all-genre awards. But, country music was well-represented at the ceremony. There are four country genre categories including Best Country Solo Performance. Citing previous winners for this category, we had Darius Rucker’s “Wagon Wheel,” Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away” and “Something In The Water”. Just last year, Maren Morris took home the gramophone for her song “My Church.”
2018 BEST COUNTRY SOLO PERFORMANCE: Either Way
Chris Stapleton’s sparse ballad “Either Way” won the 2018 Grammy for Best Country Solo Performance. Lee Ann Womack first recorded this song, but we all know that Chris Stapleton was the songwriter behind it. It was not until last year that Stapleton released his own version of “Either Way”’. He used an acoustic guitar which made his performance way more intense. The other nominees were San Hunt’s “Body Like A Backroad,” Alison Krauss’ “Losing You,” Miranda Lambert’s “Tin Man,” and Marren Morris‘ “I Could Use A Love Song.” Stapleton rushed to the stage gasping to take his award from the presenter, Paul Shaffer. He’d just walked into the room and was noticeably not in himself, but grateful. He said,
“This is always an amazing honor just to be here and to get to be a part of this. This song is just me and an acoustic guitar, that’s all it is, so for that to win is a beautiful thing to me.”
The win is Stapleton’s third Grammy Award, but he’d go on to win another one moments later in the Best Country Song category. No one joined Stapleton onstage to accept. He wore all black and no hat. While “Either Way” wasn’t a huge chart success, placing No. 26, reviewers and fans still loved it. Not an ounce of disbelief that Chris Stapleton, three-time 2018 Grammy nominee, brought home this award since he did so in 2016 for “Traveller”. Well-deserved, Cris Stapleton!
Watch more Grammy Award champs by visiting our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend