Recently, Kenny Chesney made a history becoming the newest artist with most No. 1 songs on Billboard Country Airplay. That’s when his first single for Warner Music Nashville, “Get Along,” topped the chart earning him his 30th No. 1 hit. Today, the singer commemorates another milestone in his career as it marked the sixth year when his Welcome to the Fishbowl was a top country album.
His 13th studio record, the album was released on June 19, 2012. The first four singles of the album entered the country music chart’s Top 20. This includes the two collaborations with two notable country stars. “Feel Like a Rock Star,” a duet with Tim McGraw and the album’s first single was at No. 11. Additionally, Chesney’s live record of “You and Tequila” with Grace Potter hit the Top 5 peaking at No. 3.
Origin of the Album’s Name
In a press release back in 2012, Chesney revealed how the name of the album came about. Accordingly, it originated from a conversation that Chesney had with one of his football-playing friends. While hanging out one time at the Red Bar in Grayton Beach, Florida, one of his friends said, “I didn’t realize your life was like this.” The singer told USA Today that he replied,
“Hey, man, welcome to the fishbowl.”
Right there and then, Chesney just stated what would become the title of his next album. As he added,
“As soon as I said it, I realized that I was going to write a song about how our world and our culture is shrinking.”
Below is the audio of “Welcome to the Fishbowl” for your enjoyment.
Folks, did you enjoy this piece? We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the fun with other fans of country music. Here on Country Thang Daily, we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country music and information.
Feel Like a Rockstar, Kenny Chesney, Welcome to the Fishbowl, You and Tequila
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- 15 Top Kenny Chesney Songs Over 25 Years of Country Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross