“That Lucky Old Sun” is a classic song known in the late ’40s. It was written by Haven Gillespie, and the tune was laid by Beasley Smith. The song was made popular by American singer Frankie Laine in 1949. His version reached the top of the Billboard chart. Since his recording became so popular many big names in the music industry covered the song. Some of the artists who released their version of “That Lucky Old Sun” were Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sam Cooke, and many more.
Kenny Chesney’s Version of “That Lucky Old Sun”
In 2008, Kenny Chesney collaborated with the legendary country singer Willie Nelson to record their version of “That Lucky Old Sun.” The song entered the Billboard Country Airplay chart at number fifty-six. This was not Nelson’s first time to record the song. In 1976, Nelson covered “That Lucky Old Sun” on his nineteenth studio album The Sound in Your Mind, and also included it on his other album, Stardust: 30th Anniversary Legacy Edition.
What the Song’s All About?
The song tells the story of a man who lives a hard life. He struggles with his work, and he has to come home to his wife and kids where he has to stay up and spend time with them. The narrator cries to God about all his hardships and wishes to reach his silver lining. He wanted to live in paradise and skip what life is doing to him.
Lucky Old Sun Album
Chesney’s eleventh studio album Lucky Old Sun reached the top of the country and Billboard 200 chart. In addition, it is spotted on the Canadian chart at number ten. Lucky Old Sun sold a million copies in 2017, hence, RIAA platinum-certified Chesney’s album.
Check out the story of Kenny Chesney’s song.
Kenny Chesney, That Lucky Old Sun, Willie Nelson
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?