Composers Debbie Hupp and Kent Robbins wrote the lyrics of the song “Straight Tequila Night”. John Anderson, an American country music singer, made a recording of the tune. Released in December 1991, it was the second single from the album of Anderson, Seminole Wind.
In the year 1991, John was kind of in a ‘creative drought’ as it had been eight years since his last chart-topper. The track that made gave him a breakthrough was “Black Sheep”. It reigned the charts in 1983.
With the release of “Straight Tequila Night” in 1991, the great change came. In March 1992, the tune peaked the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Viola! John Anderson was back!
Over the next couple of years, John had a series of Top 5 hits. At number 4, there was “I Wish I Could Have Been There”. The ones for the third spot were: “When It Comes to You”, “Bend It Until It Breaks”, and “I’ve Got It Made”. Occupying the number 2 was “Seminole Wind”. Last but not the least, his other hit at the top was “Money in the Bank”.
The Song’s Narrative
The song is a mid-tempo number. In the song, we can hear the narrator giving pieces of advice to a man in a tavern. This man was interested in a female customer who frequented there. The narrator being his advisor told him not to speak with the woman when she is consuming straight tequila. If he does, it will make her think of her ex-lover with whom she had recently ended a relationship. In addition, she is otherwise friendly particularly when she is drinking any other alcoholic beverage.
Later, a music video of the song was filmed. This was directed by Steve Boyle. It has aired on CMT, TNN and Great American Country. Moreover, on CMT Pure Country, the music video of “Straight Tequila Night” has also been seen.
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans